As part of our water management services in North Georgia all water systems owned or operated by American Water Services, Inc are under the following water restrictions as mandated by the Georgia Environmental Protection Division.
The following restrictions are directly from the Georgia Department of Natural Resources website.
The State of Georgia has returned to a non-drought schedule for outdoor water use. Under a non-drought schedule, outdoor water use is allowed three days a week on assigned days using odd and even-numbered addresses.
- Odd-numbered addresses can water on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Sundays.
- Even-numbered and unnumbered addresses are allowed to water on Mondays, Wednesdays and Saturdays.
Water use may occur at any time of the day on the assigned days, but to be water efficient, landscape watering should not occur between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m. The non-drought schedule is included in the Rules for Outdoor Water Use adopted by the Board of Natural Resources in 2004.
American Water Services, Inc. will allow filling of swimming pools as long as the following conditions are met.
- Hoses filling the pool may not be open more than 25% of full flow
- Pools must not be filled during times of peak demand. (weekends, 6:00 to 9:00 A.M., 5:00 to 9:00 P.M.)
- Filling times must be limited to one hour intervals (please allow at least a 30 minute break between intervals)
Large pools holding 2500 gallons or more that will require complete filling must either have written approval from American Water prior to filling or must be filled with tanker trucks or other means
More information about water conservation and drought is available at https://epd.georgia.gov/water-conservation.